Switching to VBHOSTNET can be a very easy process if done in the right way. We can help you transfer your site over to us for free or you can do it yourself. We can help you move your entire website files, databases, emails so on to our hosting server if requested! All you need to do is order a hosting package using your current domain name after that is done you can now contact our technical support department.
1. The first step to move to VBHOSTNET is to make sure you do not cancel with your old hosting provider, and do not tell them you will be canceling. It's best to not contact them about cancellation until your site have been successfully backed up to our server, this will prevent your site from going offline.
2. At this point you should have hosting accounts with two hosting providers, one with us and one with your previous provider. You will now upload your entire site from the old host to our server through FTP, be sure to also restore mysql databases through cpanel or phpmyadmin. If you choose to make us as your new host we will transfer your entire site over free of charge!
3. After you have all your files on both hosting accounts you will change your domain names dns.
DNS usually looks like this:
Double check with your domain registrar that the domain is pointed at VBHOSTNET's nameservers sent to you in our welcome email.
4. Once your dns changes have been made you will need to wait 12 to 48 before your site resolve to VBHOSTNET and to leave your old host. During this two day period your dns is resolving world wide, and your site will be bouncing from the old host to the new host depending on the user's location etc. Once the two days is up your site will only be loading off VBHOSTNET 100%.
5. After 48 Hours have passed, your domain should now be 100% directed at VBHOSTNET. If it has you will now contact your host you were moving from and cancel your account with them.
If you have any questions related to this process, please contact our Sales department and we'll be more than glad to answer your questions.
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. We'll be happy to assist you or answer any of your questions.
Note: If you are a reseller and transferring more than 3 three cpanel accounts, transfer fee may be charged